If you have been looking for fleet management and tracking software, chances are good you have come across Fleetio. Did you try it out? Thousands of transportation and fleet businesses across the world have been using Fleetio to analyze and track their operations.
This company offers a number of solutions to its customers, including Fleet Management, Fleet Management, and Fuel Management. These all-in-one solutions are designed for fleets of all sizes, so you can use them no matter if you run a small or big fleet.
Fleetio Fleet Management allows fleet owners and managers to track their vehicles, improve profitability, and maximize asset lifespan. Fleet Maintenance, on the on the hand, can make it more convenient for them to streamline, schedule, and track their maintenance processes.
Fuel Management, as the name suggests, is intended to simplify the collection of fuel data. It helps users optimize fuel consumption by providing insights into fuel costs and the economy. With this solution, you will use fuel in a more efficient way.
As a fleet manager, you should combine all of these solutions for the best results. However, before starting to use Fleetio, you are advised to learn more about this software to get a better idea of what it offers. That said, take a few minutes of your precious time to read Fleetio‘s review. It’s worth it!
What Is Fleetio Software and How Does It Work?
Fleetio is a comprehensive fleet management system that comprises multiple mobile and cloud-based solutions, which help fleets manage asset lifecycles and automate operations.
For instance, you can take advantage of this excellent software to manage vehicle inspections, fuel consumption, assignments, and much more. Automation integration is offered with Fleetio telematics solutions for fuel location reports, odometer updates, and DTC handling.
You can track data about fuel efficiency, asset utilization, maintenance expenses, and so on through the Fleetio Go mobile app. It can be used on both iOS and Android mobile devices.
Simply install this user-friendly app on your smartphone and track operations on the go. This will allow you to stay on top of things all the time. Furthermore, the software can be integrated with other apps like Xero and QuickBooks.
Fleetio Features & Functions
Now that you have a better understanding of how this system works let’s check out what features it provides. Listed below are the Fleetio’s key features and functions:
Track vehicles and equipment delivery: Tracking vehicles and equipment delivery are some of the most amazing features of Fleetio. With this feature, the application will allow you to:
- Manage your assets properly so that you can acquire, operate, allocate, and remarket it faster.
- Apart from that, you can also keep an eye on the fuel trend insight. It will spot any deficiencies and will optimize the allocation of the vehicles within your fleet.
- You can now retrieve the vehicle specs and maintenance schedule and use them in Fleetio’s application with the VINs. This is another fantastic feature of Fleetio that not many fleet management solutions offer.
- You will also be able to see all your vehicle assignments in a calendar view and manage these assignments with ease.
- The solution also allows you to track your vehicles in real-time based on where and when the daily fleet activities take place. That will ensure that you don’t miss any important activity or operation.
Automate maintenance Handling and Resolution: With the Automate maintenance handling and Resolution feature of the application users can:
- Be on top of the PM tasks that will help them to schedule and predictive service reminders according to their needs.
- Improve efficiency. With an uptime end-to-end issue management system, users can maximize the uptime properly.
- Plan and schedule detailed maintenance tasks. In addition, they can track these tasks as well as their costs to increase fleet efficiency.
- Also, the fleet managers can view the complete service history of all the vehicles present in the fleet.
Integrating with other systems and collaborate with your team: Team collaboration will undoubtedly increase the productivity of your fleet with the help of the Fleetio application. With this nifty application, you can also integrate with other management or tracking systems.
Telematics Integrations, Fuel Card Integrations, Roles, Contact Management, and permissions are some of the best features users can make use of while managing their fleet with this application.
Fleetio has a smart design choice that makes it one of the best fleet management solutions. Despite a great deal of information and functions, finding info is quite easy in this application.
Like many other fleet management tools, you will have to enter data such as model, vehicle identification number (VIN), pricing, and other things. You can also enter the additional information like dimensions, weight, engine, weight, fuel, and wheel type in the application.
Many details are not mandatory; however, if you want to keep a proper record of your fleet, you should include them as well. The best part of this application is that this application is swift. You don’t have to wait for long to enter these data.
Fleetio has maintained a fantastic balance when it comes to saving your time and entering information. If you are someone who does not want to spend a lot of time to enter data, you can then skip that part by entering minimal records of your vehicle, parts, employees, and other information.
And for those who like keeping everything sorted in one place, Fleetio gives them the chance to fill up all the details they want. Either way, this application is considered to be convenient for fleet managers.
The user interface is, no doubt, one of the best things about this fleet management system. Whenever you log in to the platform, you will directly get on the dashboard. This customizable page has a comprehensive range of widgets that you can easily configure according to your convenience and needs.
If there is one word to describe the Fleetio’s user interface (UI), it is busy. While it is very overwhelming for users, don’t be scared. Once you get into the swing of it, you will find it easy to use. The sidebar menu of the application has 16 different tabs. Besides, there are many submenus under most of those sidebar tabs.
Adding any information in Fleetio’s application is an effortless thing. The UI is attractive, and it drives a lot of customers towards Fleetio’s website portal.
This fantastic application comes with a few pre-configured reports to make things a whole lot easier for users. These reports are another very helpful feature of this application. They are based on the different aspects of your fleet.
The reports tell the user about all the different data from logging vehicle services to the different parts used on the vehicles. This way, you will get the information that will help you understand your fleet better.
The reports available in Fleetio also include visualizations. Not only that, it makes them more appealing but also easier to read. Users find the Fleetio’s reports obvious and easy to understand as well. However, they feature a very odd design decision, especially when the user needs to consider some specific products.
What People Said About the Fleetio
Keep reading to find out the main advantages and drawbacks of this software.
Most Common Complaints
- Robust fuel management: With a comprehensive range of features, Fleetio provides robust fuel management. Even the basic Pro plan offers all you will ever need. If you are looking for extra features, choose the Advanced or Enterprise Plan.
- Suitable for fleets of all sizes: Whether your fleet consists of 5 or 50 vehicles, you will be able to use this system to your benefit. It is suitable for both small and large fleets. Manage your trucks from anywhere with Fleetio phone app designed for busy fleets.
- Easy to track drivers: Fleetio makes it easier for fleet managers to track drivers and vehicles. Best of all, you can track them in real-time and have full control over all the operations of your fleet.
- Unlimited users: Another thing that makes Fleetio popular with fleet managers is the ability to add as many users as you want. No limits! It supports unlimited users.
- Useful reminders: Fleetio comes with a lot of useful reminders. The alerts can be configured in such a way to remind you to update contact lists, renew aging trucks, perform services, and so on. Set it up according to your needs.
- Fair price: Considering the robust GPS tracking features and benefits, Fleetio is a fairly priced solution. Starting at $5 per vehicle, it enables smaller businesses to afford modern fleet management.
Most Common Praises
- The user interface seems a little busy: Many customers found that the user interface could be better. As a matter of fact, it looks a little bit busy with a number of disordered options. So it may take some time for you to figure out where all the features you need are placed in the Fleetio app.
- Basic reports without visualizations: Just as with many other fleet management solutions out there, the reports are basic and without extra visual elements. The consumers find it would considerably improve the user experience and make this solution more user-friendly.
- Limited functionality: While there is a good range of features included, the functionality provided by this solution is quite limited. That means you will not enjoy some functions that can be found in more expensive options. Nevertheless, Fleetio’s solution will get the job done just fine.
How Much Does the Fleetio Cost?
Starting at $5 per vehicle, Fleetio’s solutions are meant to suit different budgets. That allows those who run a fleet on a budget to implement a modern fleet management system. There are multiple plans available, including:
|Custom Price for large fleets|
Asset Profiles & VIN Lookup
Inspections & Issues
Service Log & Reminders
Integrations & API
Driver & Vendor Management
Fleetio Parts Mobile App
SAML based sign-on
Overall, we can say that Fleetio management and tracking solutions are priced fairly and cheaper than most of its competitors on the market. You can include unlimited users, no matter what plan you choose. The good news is that you will get a free trial for the Pro and Advanced plan.
Summary: Why Choose Fleetio?
It goes without saying that you should use this software to improve your fleet operations and reduce operating costs. However, this is something that all fleet management solutions stand for. So why pick Fleetio? What makes it stand out from the rest?
First of all, it is fairly priced. Starting at $5 per vehicle, this solution is more affordable than most of its competitors on the market. The price doesn’t compromise the quality. What you will get is robust fuel management and a full suite of features.
This complete fleet management solution also features an easy-to-use app that can help you manage your truck fleet efficiently, whether you have 20 or 20,000 assets. It is important to point out that the app is free.
Other functions and benefits worth mentioning include free trial, unlimited users, automation built-in, service history, PM schedules, and reliable customer support. With all of these things, Fleetio is no doubt worth the money.